We are committed to supporting the highest standards for the Fair Handling of Personal Information. We recognise that some visitors to our website may have concerns about the information they provide to us and how we treat that information.
The key points of our privacy statement are as follows:
- We do not require you to register or provide information to us in order to view our website.
- When you request a service or further information, you will be asked to provide only the information necessary to enable us to fulfil your request.
- Beyond that information which we use to fulfil your request, we do not share any personal information with anyone outside the Connectours network.
- Information you submit is retained on our booking system to allow us to improve customer service. We may from time to time use this information to survey customers about their experience of our website and/or the services they have used. In both cases participation is entirely at your discretion and you are provided facility to opt out of these surveys if you request.
- We also collect aggregate information. This is non-identifiable information used to improve our service, such as by tracking which pages on our website are the most popular.
- Every precaution is taken by us to protect our user’s information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, their information is protected both online and off-line.
- When our reservation order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with encryption software – SSL.
- While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our user’s information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
- The servers that store personally identifiable information are maintained in a secure environment, in a locked facility.
Statement on Cookies
By using our website, you agree to our Terms of Service.
- Collecting information: this means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting.
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
- Email Newsletters. If you receive our email updates, we tailor the information we send you based on the data our cookies have collected from your recent visits to our website. You can opt-out of this in any email we send.
Types of Cookies we use
Here are the types of cookies our websites use and some more details about what they’re used for:
- Application Cookies: These cookies allow us to make sure you get the best possible experience on our website. They’re essential for you to be able to search and buy online with us.
- Behavioural Cookies: Behavioural Cookies help us provide you with an online experience that’s tailored to your needs. They help us show you the most relevant content, based on your preferences.
- Analytical Cookies: These cookies help us understand how our customers are using the website, so we can make things better.We also monitor which of our marketing activities generates traffic to our websites using cookies. We use this data to reward our partners if you make a booking with us.
- Marketing Cookies: Marketing cookies can be used by us and our partners. They allow us to interact with you once you’ve left our website – by showing you adverts for example – to help you find the holiday that’s right for you.
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in our Statement on Cookies.
Cookies – The Lowdown
Read through this section for all you need to know about what cookies are and how we use them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us or our partners. They let us identify the device you’re using – but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website.
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using – so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
You can find more information on the AboutCookies website.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
- Keeping track of your searches and preferences
- Your recent searches are recorded using cookies.
If you’ve searched for a service, left our website and then you come back later, the search panel will keep the information you provided before, so you won’t need to fill everything in again.
Improving your experience
Making your experience personal
When you’re on our website, we might interact with you or show you personalised information and offers anonymously. Cookies help us to do this by letting us know how you’re using our website on your particular computer or device, which means we can work out what’s most relevant to you.
Receive our email newsletters? We link information from cookies with your email registration details so we can tailor the information we send you – unless you tell us not to. You’ll be given the chance to opt-out on every email we send you.
Adverts on other websites
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies